Applications are being sought for a prestigious, full-time PhD Studentship in Criminology, to be based in the Cardiff School of Social Sciences at Cardiff University, to begin in October 2014.
The Cardiff School of Social Sciences is pleased to announce the launch of a new International PhD Studentship for 2014 and welcomes applications from prospective candidates. The studentship will cover the full cost of overseas fees and a £7000 annual contribution to living expenses.
The studentship will be in partnership with the Universities' Police Science Institute and will build upon the Institute's world leading work in conducting research to inform policing policy and practice development. In light of these objectives, we are seeking to fund work in respect of a wide range of activities, including:
- Community and Neighbourhood Policing;
- Comparative studies of the police role in counter-terrorism;
- New forms of crime prevention;
- New technologies of crime control.
The Studentship will be awarded to successful applicants who fulfil the following criteria:
- The subject of the proposed PhD research must fall within the areas highlighted above.
- We are especially interested in funding work with an international comparative dimension.
- A first class undergraduate and/or postgraduate qualification in an area relevant to the focus of the studentship.